How can we demonstrate the complexities of revolution in immersive theatre format?
Working in teams of various sizes, students selected the French or Russian Revolution to create an immersive theatre production, which was set in, or based around, real historical events. Students met with professional immersive theatre actors, producers and set designers to draft their ideas. Students took over spaces in the school and transformed the space for the evening exhibition.
- (Historical) An essay based on the title: ‘What was the cause of the …… Revolution?’
- (Oracy) Post-production Q&A.
- (History) Exam based on ‘Compare and Contrast the causes and consequences of the French and Russian Revolutions.’
- (Drama) The immersive theatre performance and production.
- (Drama) The creative journal.